Wednesday, February 1, 2012

{ framed jewelry art }

So I've kind of been on a "frame" kick recently as I've been decorating my master bedroom.
One of my favorite DIY things was my recreation of something I saw on the Pottery Barn website.

Jewelry Frames

Pottery Barns versions were priced around $30 each and were sold by them last year. 

I took one look and decided that they looked simple enough to make myself.

I bought frames from a local ReStore. (ReStores sell used appliances, furniture, kitchen cabinets, light fixtures, and so much more at reduced prices. The money goes to Habitat for Humanity.)
The total cost for the 4 frames was $2.00.
They were missing the glass and backs which I didn't mind because I planned on discarding those anyways. Because I planned on spray painting them, the color of the frame wasn't important.
I just looked for shapes I liked.

I first spray painted them with Rustoleum base coast spray paint in White and than spray painted them in 2 more coats of Rustoleum Heirloom White.


Than I used hooks with screws at the end and I screwed them into the top of the frame. These are to hang the necklaces on.



 Lastly, I attached Command picture hangers- the frames are very lightweight
without the glass or backings so I felt this was the easiest way to hang them.


Here you can see how they look on the wall.
I love how the wall paint shows through which makes them blend in more against the wall.
I have alot of necklaces so this was a practical yet pretty way to display them.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a beautiful idea! I can't wait to see your finshed masterpiece!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...