Thursday, February 9, 2012

{ Salty and Sweet Valentine's Treat }

I needed a quick treat to bring to the Valentine's Party that the playgroup that I run was having this morning. I whipped up this cute treat in about 30 minutes time.

You will need:  small pretzels, chocolate chips for melting- I prefer the large size for making candy, some sort of sprinkles, a tablespoon of vegetable oil.

First, melt the chocolate chips in the microwave. Melting chocolate is a simple, easy skill that when done right, is awesome for so many recipes and treats. I place the chips in a glass bowl and add the vegetable oil to them. Than, I melt the chips in the microwave at 15 second intervals, stirring each time. This is the key to not burning the chips. If you just place the chocolate in a bowl and set the microwave for a minute or so, you risk burning the chips. I melt them for 15 seconds, stir, place back in the microwave and melt for 15 more seconds, stir, and repeat until the chocolate is fully melted.


 Than, using two forks, gently dip the pretzels in the chocolate and flip to cover.

Place on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper. When you have dipped about 8 or so, take a break and sprinkle the sprinkes onto the chocolate covered pretzels.

Than continue dipping the pretzels and repeat the sprinkles until all the chocolate is gone. Allow the chocolate to dry.
Enjoy!!
My kids love these and devoured the leftovers from the party.

(excuse the blurry picture, I was in a bit of a hurry.)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...