Sunday, November 6, 2011

Scrabble Crafting

One of my husband's favorite games to play is Scrabble. He has been known to take a half an hour or more to decide which word to place down on the board. Of course this is because he is usually playing a game with him mom who is famous for putting down 7 letter words or words worth 50+ points on average. I saw this cute framed art on Pinterest and knew I had to make one for our bedroom.
                                                                    Source: granvillehouse.blogspot.com via Michelle on Pinterest




Its from one of my favorite blogs 320 Sycamore.

Here is the one I made- notice my favorite Amy Butler Wallflower fabric?
 I took a cute square frame I found at a garage sale- it was originally a brown frame and I spray painted it white. I glued my fabric to the back of the frame where a picture would usually go and put the glass back in to the frame.
I bought my letters from a seller on etsy.com. Etsy is a wonderful site for buying handmade goods, vintage items and crafting supplies. Check it out when you have a moment. It cost me about $1.00 for the 6 letters.

I glued the letters to the front of the glass, and here is the finished product. My husband loved it and is has special significance because of his love of scrabble (and me). 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...